Swim Lessons-Home Activities
The Y is “America’s Swim Instructor” and the most accessible community resource to prevent drowning and encourage a lifelong enjoyment of swimming.
YMCA of the Northwoods Pool & Whirlpool Facts:
- Pool average water temperature: 82.5 degrees F.*
- Pool length: 25 yards. 66 lengths = 1 mile.
- Pool depth in lap lanes: 3 1/2 – 5 feet.
- Pool depth in the mushroom area: 2 – 3 1/2 feet.
- Whirlpool average water temperature: 103 degrees F.*
* At the Y, we work hard to accommodate all who use the pool and whirlpool. Please keep in mind the temperature will fluctuate due to patron load, humidity level, and air temperature. We do our best to maintain this but depending on these external factors, there will always be some variance in temperature.
A lifeguard is always on duty for your safety.
- A shower is required before entering the pool or hot tub.
- Children under 18 years old are not allowed in the hot tub.
- No diving in the pool.
- 5 and under must have a parent/guardian in the water within arm’s length.
- 6 and 7 must have a parent/guardian in the water.
- 8 through 11 may be unattended for up to 2 hours, must have a parent/guardian in the facility, swim test required.
- 12 and up adult rules apply.
- Balls, water toys, and life jackets are available for all ages.
- These items are available upon request.
- Water dumbbells and flippers are currently available.
- Goggles and swim diapers are available to purchase at the Pro Shop.
- The pool features a mushroom, waterslide, and basketball hoop.
Please call Aquatics, 715-362-9622, ext. 121 to set up a free swim assessment.
Waterslide: (Currently Unavailable)
- Riders must be a minimum of 48″ tall and a good swimmer.
- No life jackets or goggles allowed on the slide.
- No double riders on the slide.
- Maximum weight limit is 250 pounds.
- No standing in the drop zone.