YMCA of the Northwoods Pool Facts
- Average water temperature: 84 degrees F
- Pool Length: 25 yards; 66 lengths = 1 mile
- Pool Depth in Lap Lane Area: 3 1/2 to 5 feet. No Diving!
- Depth in Mushroom Area:
2 - 3 1/2 feet
Shower is required before entering pool.
A lifeguard is always on duty for your safety.
Aquatics Age Guidelines
Members age 16+ have full use of the swimming pool.
Members age 13-15 may use the pool unaccompanied; however, a parent or guardian age 18+ must be on the YMCA premises.
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian age 18+ at all times.
age 5 and under must have an adult in the water with them at all times. Stay within an arm's reach of non-swimmers.
- Average Water Temperature: 103 degrees F
- Adults age 18 and older may use the Whirlpool.
Balls, water toys, noodles, and lifejackets are available for all ages for water fun! Goggles are not available for open swim, but are available for purchase from the Y Pro-Shop.
Up to 3 lap lanes may be open but please be courteous and share a lane as necessary. Circle swimming may be done by staying on the right hand side of the lane.
Water dumb bells, noodles, flotation belts and water walking shoes are available.
Rider must be 48" tall and a good swimmer. No lifejackets or goggles allowed on the slide. Absolutely no double riding down the waterslide. Max load 250 lbs.
- Average temperature: 160 degrees F
- Adults age 18 and older may
use the sauna.
Top of Page