Membership Privileges and Conditions
Membership structure: The YMCA of the Northwoods Board of Directors will from time to time review the membership structure and make changes as deemed appropriate.
College: ages 17 and up (enrolled with 6 credits each semester)
Adult: ages 18 and up
Membership Usage Policies
- All ages can use the track.
- Ages 8-11 can use Wellness Center alongside a parent/guardian during family fitness times posted in the program guide and Wellness Center.
- Ages 8-11 can participate in group exercise classes alongside a parent/guardian.
- Ages 12 and up can use Wellness Center and participate in group exercise classes with a teen certification.
- 5 and under must have a parent/guardian in the water within arms length.
- 6 and 7 must have a parent/guardian in the water.
- 8 and 9 may be unattended for up to 2 hours, must have a parent/guardian in the facility, swim test required.
- 10 and 11 swim test required, parent/guardian not required to be in facility.
- 12 and up adult rules apply
- 7 and under are allowed in Adventure Alley.
- 7 and under must have a parent/guardian in the gym.
- 8 and 9 can participate in open gym times for up to 2 hours without a parent/guardian in the facility.
Continuity of Membership:
Members shall be encouraged to regard membership in the Y as a continuing relationship to be terminated only by resignation of the member or the action of the Executive Director.
The Executive Director has the responsibility for setting, as part of the annual budget rates for membership dues. The volunteer Board of Directors shall approve the budget plan.
Refunds or Extensions
The YMCA may grant a refund of membership dues, or an extension of membership renewal date, when requested by a member due to:
a) Serious illness, substantiated by a doctors statement and at the beginning of the illness
b) In other cases approved by the Executive Director.
It is the policy of the YMCA to serve all people regardless of financial situation. Financial assistance shall be provided to qualifying individuals subject to available resources.
Conditions of Membership
The membership card is proof of membership in the Y and shall be presented upon entry into a Y facility. If a card is lost the Y will charge a fee to issue a new card. Each member 8 years and older must have their picture taken and stored on their membership account.
The Y offers monthly, annual and short term memberships.
Grace Period for Annual Memberships paid in full: Dues are payable upon billing. In the expectation of membership renewal, the use of particular privileges may be granted for a period not exceeding one calendar month after the date on which membership dues are payable.
Grace Period for Monthly Memberships paid by electronic funds transfer (EFT): In the event that the member decides to terminate or change billing information all documents must be provided in writing 30 days prior to billing date. If payment problem such as an NSF occurs the member has 30 days to rectify before termination or suspension occurs.
Payment of Membership Dues
All members must pay dues on time. The Y accepts monthly payment only by automatic draft of a checking or savings account or credit card. Members may pay by invoice only in twelve, six, or three month increments.
Termination of Membership
Memberships are considered continuous until the member notifies the YMCA of the Northwoods they are discontinuing their membership or the member does not pay their annual dues by the end of the grace period. Members paying by electronic funds transfer (EFT) must notify the YMCA of the Northwoods 30 days prior to draft date to avoid charges drafted for the next month’s membership fees. All memberships terminate at the end of the month.
When a member renews a membership within one month of the date it is due, he/she may be readmitted as a continuing member and the membership dated back to the day when the dues were payable. However, if more than 30 days have elapsed he/she is subject to joining fees.
Part-Time Resident Status
If a member is a part time resident; he/she is not subject to joining fees. However, if he/she lets membership lapse for over 9 months; he/she is subject to joining fees.
Suspension or Revocation of Membership
Membership privileges may be suspended or revoked by the Executive Director.
The length of suspension or a refund of membership dues or fees will be determined by the same authority.
The YMCA of the Northwoods understands that some individuals of all ages may need special one-on-one assistance in order to take advantage of their Y membership. These members may include individuals with physical disabilities, and mental or emotional challenges. Upon request the Y will grant a “Care Giver” pass to a member so that their care giver may enter the facility at no cost to directly supervise. If a member makes such a request; the Care Giver must accompany that member to the Y at each visit to directly supervise..
Sexual Offender Background Check Policy
Services for People with Disabilities
The YMCA serves people of all abilities. We provide reasonable accommodations to enable all people to participate in our programs and classes.
Before starting any exercise program, members will be encouraged to check with their primary care physician.
Membership and the use of particular privileges shall not be transferred from one person to another.
Transfers into the Association
A member of another Y who desires to transfer to the YMCA of the Northwoods will not be subject to a joining fee.
Members who move to another geographic area outside of the YMCA of the Northwoods and wish to participate in a Y, he/she will need to contact that Y for its specific policy on membership transfers.
YMCA Nationwide Membership Program
The YMCA of the Northwoods participates in the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program.
Guests and Guest Passes
The YMCA of the Northwoods encourages the use of guest passes as a way to recruit new members and to allow visitors to the area to use the Y.
Each new adult membership will be awarded two complimentary guest passes annually.
Each new family membership will be awarded four complimentary guest passes annually.
*Charter members receive double passes. i.e. Charter adult memberships receive four complimentary guest passes annually and charter family memberships receive eight complimentary guest passes annually.
All guests must have a valid ID for entry and complete the Participant Application before entry. Minor guests must have a parent or legal guardian complete and sign the Participant Application.
All Guests age 8 and older must have their picture taken and stored in the Y’s database.
Code of Conduct
As YMCA members, it is important to remember that we share our facilities with young children, teens and people of all backgrounds. We can make the YMCA a positive place for all by demonstrating the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Members are expected to exhibit appropriate behaviors at all times:
- Respect all Members, visitors and staff.
- Appropriate attire should be worn at all times–swimsuits in the pool area and shoes, shirts, shorts/pants or leotard in other areas of the facility.
- Appropriate language should be used at all times.
- Never Posses, use or distribute a weapon at the YMCA or during YMCA sponsored activities.
- Respect that the YMCA is a tobacco and drug free environment, and never engage in their use on premises.
- All YMCA facilities and equipment should be used for their appropriate purpose at all times.
Due to the advances in cell phone and video/picture technology and for the privacy of our members and guests:
- Cell phones may not be used in locker rooms, bathrooms, or childcare rooms.
- Use of cameras and other video/picture capturing devices is also restricted.
- Posting of images taken at the YMCA is prohibited without permission of the CEO.
- If you must utilize a cell phone, please be courteous and keep your phone on “vibrate” or a very quiet ring tone, and keep your conversations short and as quiet as possible. We ask that you take lengthy or loud conversations to the lobby to respect your fellow Members.
The Y assumes no responsibility for injuries or illnesses which any member may sustain as a result of physical condition resulting from participation in any athletic activities, sports program, the use of any equipment, exercise or any other activities or programs. Members must acknowledge that he/she assumes the risk for any and all injuries and illnesses, which may result from participation in these activities. He/she then needs to hereby release and discharge the Y, its agents, and employees from any and all claims for injury, illnesses, death, loss, or damage, which any member may suffer as a result of participation in these activities
Promise to Members
Members, program participants, and guests can expect:
B. Clean facilities and equipment in good repair
C. Knowledgeable and helpful staff
D. Policies and procedures to be in place to help keep people safe
E. A Y that is fun for the whole family
F. To be asked to contribute to the Y mission in time, talent, or treasure.