Lap Everyone on the Couch...
Enter the Couch Potato Race!
Teams race against each other for time and special challenges! Themes are encouraged! Decorate your couch with signs, logos, & advertising.
Race by the seat of your pants...it’s the most fun you can have sitting down!
2014 Y COUCH POTATO RACE RULES & REGULATIONS
- Each couch must be a minimum of 70” long with seat cushions. Teams bring their own couch.
- Any type and size of wheels permitted, must have minimum of 3 wheels.
- No motors, electrical, hydraulic, or mechanical assistance will be allowed.
- Teams for the race will consist of 5 people all over the age of 16- four (4) pushers plus one rider.
- All push bar extensions and dangerous edges must be COVERED and PADDED for safety.
- ALL COUCHES MUST BE INSPECTED starting at 9:00AM at the race start.
a. Couches not inspected or couches that do not meet the specifications will FORFEIT their place and will not be permitted to race!
- Teams must retain control of their couches at all times or face disqualification.
- Couches must be pushed lengthwise. No pulling couches.
- Rider must stay on the couch at all times, except during additional challenge. Riders must wear a helmet.
- All five members of the team must be in contact with the couch AT ALL TIMES, except during the challenges. If at any time, any team member loses contact with the couch, the couch must come to a complete stop immediately and wait for that team member to reconnect.
- The Team will be disqualified if any Rider fails their challenge.
a. Rider Challenge – At designated points along the route, the rider must get off couch and perform a skill.
i. Beanbag Toss-Rider must stand behind the line and toss one beanbag into the hole- pushers can retrieve the missed bean bags.
ii. Ladder Golf- Rider must stand behind the line and hook one ball on the ladder. pushers can retrieve the missed golf balls.
iii. Bat Circle- Rider must make 5 circles while holding a bat handle to head while bat end is positioned on the ground.
- At finish the entire couch and all pushers must cross the finish line with challenges completed.
- All disputes will be settled by the Race Chairman.
- Any competitor throwing any objects at the spectators or other teams will be disqualified.
- Acceptance of race entries will be closed on August 27 6:30PM at the captains meeting at the Y.
- Entry Fee is $100 per team. Teams may get sponsors.
- All couches must be decorated. Advertising is allowed. Anyone may design and decorate the couch, not just team members. Participants are encouraged to dress along with the couch theme.
- Prizes will be awarded for first place (fastest team) and best themed unit (judge’s choice).
- For more information contact the Marilyn Duschl or Laurie Schlitt at 715-362-9622.
Top of Page